Hotels and food service establishments do not operate in isolation; they are part of a global economic, social and environmental ecosystem. Food service sources products from suppliers; the land, and the sea and processes these into beautiful dishes that are served to our customers. This processing of food has many impacts on this delicate ecosystem. Businesses (and individuals) need to be concerned with transforming the way they work to protecting the planet and its people for future generations,
This program introduces learners to global sustainability concepts, issues and concerns providing a context for sustainability. Through the course the learner will gain a good understanding of food production methods and the impact of food service has on the environment. We discuss the challenges that food service faces in implementing sustainable choices and actions that they are taking to become more sustainable.
Learning with International Culinary Studio
Do you have family, sport, work obligations or just study better on a flexible schedule?
No commuting expenses and online study is significantly more affordable
- Studying online develops self discipline, self motivation, and better communication skills
- Personalised one on one tuition
- Review learning material or practice as many times as you need
What you will learn:
- Explain global sustainability concepts, issues and concerns
- Discuss sustainable decisions and actions that foodservice can take and reasons for these
- Identify some challenges to a business in implementing sustainable practices.
- Describe why a successful distribution model is necessary to support the infrastructure of sustainable food.
- Explain current sustainability issues in food production (agriculture, livestock and seafood and some solutions for food service.
- Explain current sustainability issues regarding water, energy and waste and potential solutions for food service.
This course can be completed in 6.5 weeks with a maximum of 3 months allowable.
You must be 14 years or older
You will complete your studies from you own home or workplace, via our Learner Management System. Once registered, your student experience will be accessible and your learning material available on any pc, portable or mobile smart device (technology programme requirements). Our Instructors will be available and will guide you through your programme to successful course completion.
Where to download your learner Management System App?
Download the Canvas Student app on the link below. Find International Culinary Studio as your school and login with your details.
- You must be 16 years or older
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English.
COURSE FEES: US$299
The investment includes:
- Personal online login to our Learner Management System, all study material and videos.
- Online e-portfolio
You need to prepare for the following additional costs:
- Cost to purchase any technology that you may not have but need to use in the programme.
- Cost of your internet access
- Any printing you choose to do from the study guides