The Special Diets Course will teach you all the guidelines to nutrition and healthy eating. A number of specialised dietary requirements are covered in this course, including Coeliac, Gluten Free, Cholesterol, diabetics, Low Sodium, Religion based and Cultural diets. A very in-depth course which could support anyone having to cater for friends or family with these special dietary needs, or working in hospitals, care centres, with children, etc. People with this knowledge are highly sought after in restaurants as well, due to more people requiring special diets these days.
This self-paced programme could be completed in under 3 months. A maximum of 6 months is allowed to complete this course.
The studies you will complete from your own home, via our Learner Management System. Our Key Benefits will ensure you stay motivated whilst studying with International Culinary Studio. One registered, your Student Experience will be accessible and your learning material available on any pc, portable or mobile smart device (see technology requirements). Our Chef Instructors will be available and will guide you through your programme to successful course completion.
*Please ensure you have the correct kitchen equipment.
On completion of this Special Diets course, you could progress into any of the other short courses, i.e Food Safety in Catering or start a career in Culinary Arts following our City & Guilds programmes.
- The impacts of nutrition and guidelines
- Adjusting recipes
- Healthy related diets
- Understanding safe ingredients and cross contamination
- Food sensitivity and allergies
- Recommendations for healthy eating for Diabetics
- Texture modification
- Health and Legal consequences
- Diets for Coeliac, Gluten Free, Restricting Sodium, Diabetics, Cholesterol, Weight Loss
- Religion based and Cultural diets – preparation and cooking fore religion
- Healthy diets and menus
Minimum Enrolment Requirements
- You must be 16 years or older.
- If English is not your first language, you will be required to provide evidence of your English Language Skills. This is an IELTS result of a General or Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5. For more information, please visit org
- International Students : Information for International Students HERE
Other Additional Costs
You need to prepare for the following additional costs, depending on your programme:
- Ingredients used for practicing all recipes at home or at the workplace.
- Costs to purchase any technologyand/or kitchen equipment that you may not have, but need to use in the programme. (see included lists of requirements)
- Cost of your internet access.
- Any printing you choose to do from the Study Guides.