Skills Proficiency in Basic Food Preparation
Our Skills Proficiency in Basic Food Preparation course will introduce you to:
- Maintaining safe working conditions
- Adopt safe procedures for yourself and others
- Prepare Equipment
- Prepare Commodities for use cook food using basic techniques.
This programme could be completed minimum 3 months. A maximum of 6 months is allowed to complete this course.
You will complete your studies from your own home, via our Learner Management System. Our Key Benefits will ensure you stay motivated whilst studying with International Culinary Studio. Once registered, your Student Experience will be accessible and your learning material available on any pc, portable or mobile smart device (Technology Programme Requirements). Our Chef Instructors will be available and will guide you through your programme to successful course completion. All assignments will be assessed by our qualified Assessors.
On completion of this Skills Proficiency programme, you could gain employment as a Trainee/Commis Chef. You could then also further your studies with International Culinary Studio in either Food Preparation & Cooking or Baking/Patisserie
*Please ensure you have the correct kitchen equipment
- Health and Safety
- Food Preparation
- Cooking Methods
- Storage and Care of Materials and Equipment
Minimum Enrolment Requirements
- You must be 16 years or older.
- If English is not your first language, you will be required to provide evidence of your English Language skills. This is an IELTS result of a General or Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5. For more information please visit org
- International Students : Information for International Students HERE
Other Additional Costs
You need to prepare for the following additional costs, depending on your programme:
- Ingredients used for practicing all recipes at home or at the workplace.
- Chef Uniform and Safety Shoes for practical’s.
- Costs to purchase any technologyand/or kitchen equipment that you may not have, but need to use in the programme. (see included lists of requirements)
- Cost of your internet access.
- Any printing you choose to do from the Study Guides.