Hospitality Business Issues and How To Address Them
International Culinary Studio is proud to have our application to deliver Global Hospitality Certification approval for the Commis Chef and Chef de Partié digital badging certification.
On successful completion of our two blended online cooking programs namely:
Global Diploma in Professional Chef and
Advanced Diploma in Professional Chef (Cookery or Patisserie),
the students will be issued with a Digital Badge which will have the following credentials:
World chefs Certified Commis Chef (International Culinary Studio)
World chefs Certified Chef de Partié (International Culinary Studio)
The digital badges are issued by City & Guilds in the UK.
After going through a robust mapping exercise, our current and new students on our culinary qualifications may apply to have their certificates aligned to the global hospitality certification. Chefs may also apply for Recognition of Prior Learning; however, they must be currently employed at the current badging level to apply for the digital badge. Should we find gaps in their learnings, we can offer modules to be completed to add to their successful outcome of the full badge.
Students completing our programme will be fast tracked to achieve their badge.
City & Guilds whom International Culinary Studio has been working closely with for the past 7 years has taken the lead on offering the World Association Chefs Societiés (WACS) hospitality certification to create global standards of education in the hospitality market and are the awarding body.
A key part of the certification is that the chefs are employed in the job role and through further education and work experience can upskill themselves to achieve the next badge.
As International Culinary Studio is the first global online culinary private training provider to be approved to award these two badges, we have developed our world-class training programme which enables a chef to study in their own home or place of employment, in their own time and earn a world-wide recognised certification.
During a recent evaluation by a leading independent certification body, of our online programme, our students as well as industry partners offered the following feedback:
- Students found the programme extremely industry relevant
- Students said they gained immense knowledge even though they had prior work experience
- Students all said they have gained immense confidence through their learning
- Students felt well supported during their studies
- Course dashboard was very user friendly, and it was easy to navigate the course
- The programme was very easy to follow even with little computer experience
- The learning management system works very well for the students
- Students with learning disabilities are well supported
- All the chef instructors and assessors are well qualified to support the students
- Industry partners felt the students had gained valuable education and were able to be an asset in the kitchen
- Industry felt the students had high standards, strong achievements and had gained huge knowledge which they could put to good use in the industry.
If you would like to know more about how you or a member in your team could be awarded their global certification please contact Cheryl Cordier [email protected] or for groups Ingrid Ovenstone [email protected]