Home School Culinary Programme
Enhance your Home School Studies with a Cooking Programme.
Home School Culinary Programme
Take the first steps in your culinary journey, like celebrity Chefs Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsay who also studied Food Preparation at a young age.
Perfect for all budding Culinary professionals, our brand-new Home School programme gives students an opportunity to nurture their burgeoning cooking talent from their kitchen at home.
In this programme you will learn the skills you need to start your career as a Chef.
With this qualification, you will be able to:
- Enter the Culinary world as a Commi Chef
- Eligible to enroll at the next level – Culinary Arts or Baking & Patisserie
- Have a Culinary passport to Work and Travel all over the world
- Start your own business and be your own boss
With this Certificate of Achievement:
You will learn what it is like to work in food preparation and explore a career in the Culinary Arts.This course is perfect if you would like to learn basic skills and knowledge and perhaps become a chef one day.
When you study with us:
- You join a global community of online home school students via our weekly discussion forums and webinars
- Receive one on one feedback from your Chef Instructor and Assessor
- Study at your own pace and fit it into your homeschooling
- Download your e-portfolio of all your completed work
- Receive a Certificate of Achievement and Digital Badge on successful completion
Our learning system is easy to navigate and user friendly. You can download the app on your smartphone and complete your studies from anywhere in the world.
Our team is ready to get you started.
Depending on the time you have available to study, you should take in the region of 100 hours to complete. Which works out to 10 hours a month over 10 months.
The Home School Program is set up to enable you to fit it into your homeschool schedule. You should allow 100 hours depending on the amount of time you have to allocate to your studies. Which equates to 12.5 full (8 hour) days or 25 half (4 hour) days. If you have any questions about this course, please Contact Us and we will assist you with everything you need.
Hygiene and Safety in the Kitchen
Preparing the Kitchen for Cooking
Dress Safely in the Kitchen
Cold Food Presentation
Safe Food Handling
Safe Knife Use
Mise en Place
- Tomato Bruschetta
- Fresh Mixed Pickles
- Sushi Rolls
- Rice Paper Rolls
- Prawn Cocktail with Thousand Island Sauce (can be adapted to use Chicken or Jackfruit)
- Smoked Salmon Roulade (can be adapted to use strips of Cucumber)
- Fruit Salad
- Ceasar Salad
- Bake and Ice Cupcakes
INTERNATIONAL CULINARY STUDIO CERTIFICATION
Once you have completed both your theoretical and practical components and assessments, you will be awarded with an International Culinary Studio Certificate of Achievement and a Digital Badge.
The investment includes:
- Personal online login to our Learner Management System, all study material and videos.
- Online e-portfolio
Ingredients: At an average of $30 for each recipe which should feed a family of four.
Minimum Enrolment Requirements
You must be a minimum of 12 years old and up to 19 years to eligible for this programme.
Where to download your Learner Management System App?
Download the Canvas Student App on the link below. Find International Culinary Studio as your school and login with your details.