Home School Culinary Programme
$300 per module
Take the first steps in your culinary journey, like celebrity Chefs Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsay who also studied Food Preparation at a young age.
In this programme you will learn the skills you need to start your career as a Chef.
With this qualification, you will be able to:
- Enter the Culinary world as a Commi Chef
- Eligible to enroll at the next level – Culinary Arts or Baking & Patisserie
- Have a Culinary passport to Work and Travel all over the world
- Start your own business and be your own boss
With this Certificate of Achievement:
You will learn what it is like to work in food preparation and explore a career in the Culinary Arts. This course is perfect if you would like to learn basic skills and knowledge and perhaps become a chef one day.
When you study with us:
- You join a global community of online students via our weekly discussion forums and webinars
- Receive one on one feedback from your Chef Instructor and Assessor
- Study at your own pace and fit it into your homeschooling
- Download your e-portfolio of all your completed work and cakes
- Receive a Certificate of Achievement and Digital Badge on successful completion
Our learning system is easy to navigate and user friendly. You can download the app on your smartphone and complete your studies from anywhere in the world.
Our team is ready to get you started.
Our Home School Program allows you 10 months to complete every module.
Depending on the time you have available to study, each module should take in the region of 100 hours each to complete. Which works out to 10 hours a month.
The Home School Program is set up into a series of 7 Modules. On completion of each module, you will then progress to the next module. Maximum time set out for each module is 6 months, but depending on the amount of time you have to allocate to your studies, you should be able to complete each module in 100 hours. Which equates to 12.5 full (8 hour) days or 25 half (4 hour) days. If you have any questions about this course, please Contact Us and we will assist you with everything you need.
MODULE 1: Prepare food for cold presentation
- Tomato bruschetta
- Fresh mixed pickles
- Sushi rolls
- Rice paper rolls
- Prawn cocktail with Thousand Island sauce
- Smoked salmon roulade
- Fruit salad
- Ceasar salad
- Assorted sandwiches
- Bake and ice cupcakes
MODULE 2: Apply health and safety, food safety and security practices to ensure own safety and minimize potential hazards for customers:
- Safety at Work
- Food Safety in Catering
- Basic Pasta and Sauce Napoletana
- Swiss Roll
- Parmesan Twists
- Mystery Basket
MODULE 3: Communicate effectively and behave in a professional manner, introduction to the hospitality industry, follow standard operating procedures to deal with familiar problems in a commercial kitchen
- Communicate effectively & behave in a professional manner with colleagues, managers, and customers
- Introduction to the hospitality and catering industry
- Introduction to basic kitchen procedures
- Introduction to basic nutrition
- Chocolate Mousse
- Basic Biscuits
- Almond Tuille
- Mystery Basket
MODULE 4: Apply fundamental cookery skills to prepare, cook, and present a range of basic dishes employing commodities commonly used in the industry.
- Prepare, cook and finish foods by frying
- Crumbed Calamari with Stir Fried Vegetables
- Pan Fried Sirloin Steak with Pomme Frites
MODULE 5: Apply fundamental cookery skills to prepare, cook, and present a range of basic dishes employing commodities commonly used in the industry.
- Prepare, cook and finish foods by braising and stewing
- Lamb Brochettes with Boulangere Potatoes
- Chicken Saute Chasseur
- Vegetable Curry
MODULE 6: Apply fundamental cookery skills to prepare, cook, and present a range of basic dishes employing commodities commonly used in the industry.
- Prepare, cook and finish foods by boiling, poaching and steaming
- Minestrone Soup
- Eggs en Cocotte
- Steamed Pudding
- Gnocci Parisienne
- Fettuccini Carbonara
- Poached Pears
MODULE 7: Apply fundamental cookery skills to prepare, cook, and present a range of basic dishes employing commodities commonly used in the industry.
- Prepare, cook and finish foods by baking, roasting and grilling
- Phyllo Parcels with Ratatouille and Haloumi
- Crocque Monsieur
- Roast Chicken with Duchess Potatoes
- Gnocci Romaine
- Butternut Pumpkin and Persian Feta Tart
- Quiche Lorraine
- Fruit Scone
INTERNATIONAL CULINARY STUDIO CERTIFICATION
Once you have completed both your theoretical and practical components and assessments, you will be awarded
|$300 per Individual Module (x 7 Modules)|
$30 Deposit and $30 for 9 Months for Each Module
The deposit is required to commence with each module
The investment includes:
- Personal online login to our Learner Management System, all study material and videos.
- Online e-portfolio
Text Book: Practical Cookery $ 100
Full Chefs Uniform: $140 (At an average cost, for the cooking practical’s and to be purchased and sourced by you)
Ingredients: At an average of $35 for each of the cooking modules.
NZ Student Card: Personalised student card (NZ students receive discounts by using their student card in NZ) $20
Note that this programme is not NZQA-accredited but is accredited for inclusion within a CENZ Certificate.