CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
In line with the Education Act 1989, section 253, Student Fee Protection rules 2013, cancellations and refunds will only be considered in the following instances:
- Upon the death of a student.
- In the event that International Culinary Studio is unable to present the course or subject that the student has enrolled for, within 20 working days from the start date of the course.
- Upon the cancellation of a course by International Culinary Studio
An administration fee will be retained by International Culinary Studio, equivalent to 10% of the course fee.
International Culinary Studio Student Withdrawals
Students are entitled to a refund if they withdraw from a course only if:
- The course is of three months duration or more.
- The withdrawal occurs up to the end of the eighth day after the start of the course.
Courses three months or more:
If the withdrawal occurs up to the end of the tenth working day after the first day on which the student is required to attend the establishment or start an online course, International Culinary Studio will retain an amount of 25% for Administration, Cancellation Fee’s and other costs.
- Courses five weeks or more, but less than three months:
If the withdrawal occurs up to the end of the fifth day after the start of the course, International Culinary Studio will retain 25% for Administration, Cancellation Fee’s and other costs.
- Courses under five weeks:
If the withdrawal occurs up to the end of the second day after the start of the course, International Culinary Studio will retain 50% for Administration, Cancellation Fee’s and other costs. Should the two days constitute the full amount of the tuition paid for, International Culinary Studio will retain 100% of the payment.
- Mulitple Courses:
In the event that a student has booked for and already paid in full, for two or more courses, a $250 administration fee will be deducted from the second and all subsequent courses with the balance being refunded to the student.
- Voluntary Closure or Course Cessation:
In the event that a course is closed or cancelled by International Culinary Studio, the student is entitled to a refund that is pro-rated, according to the proportion of the undelivered services provided by International Culinary Studio to the student. Within 5 working days from the date of closure or cessation. Unless no longer permitted by NZQA.
Terms & Conditions
International Culinary Studio reserves the right to assess the cancellation and refunds policy on an individual basis and make decisions outside of the bounds of this policy if and when required. Terms and Conditions apply.