Cake Baking & Decorating
We are excited to welcome you to our professional short course in Cake Baking & Decorating.
Whether you are a complete novice, intermediate or experienced baker, this course is for you.
In this programme you will learn the skills and techniques in:
- Baking a Wide Variety of Basic Cakes & Sponges
- Professional Cake Decorating
- The Ingredients used for Cake & Pastry Baking
- Baking and Pastry Faults – Why Your Cake failed and how to Fix it
- Ratios & Yields – How to Bake for Different Numbers of Servings
- Nutrition in Pastries, Cakes & Yeast Goods
- Various Icing Types and Techniques
- Different Toppings, Fillings and Decorating Methods
- Management of Menu Costing, Control and Planning
- Recipe Selection for Different Cakes and Icings for All Occasions
With this Certificate of Achievement, you will be able to:
- Impress your Friends and Family with your new Culinary Confidence & Skills
- Start your own Business and be your own Boss
- Turn your Hobby into a Full-Time Profession
- Display your Certificate of Achievement with Pride
When you study with us you:
- Join a Global community of Online Culinary Students just like you
- Receive Feedback from a highly-experienced Executive Chef Assessor
- Won’t need to take time off work to attend classes
- Work as Fast as You Want
- Will have unlimited access to an Exclusive Culinary Library as well as 100’s of Recipes & Videos
- Will have unlimited access to course material from multiple devices 24/7 – Never miss a thing
- Will graduate with real skills that will help you succeed in today’s competitive workplace
- Have a completed e-portfolio (Online CV) and be ready to apply for the job you have always dreamed of
Our online platform is exciting, interactive and user friendly – We bring the classroom to your kitchen. Our team is on hand and ready to get you started in achieving your Culinary dreams!
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to Contact Us our team is on hand to assist you with everything you may need.
Congratulations in taking the first step to success with one of the World’s Top Culinary Qualifications from International Culinary Studio. We are proud to be part of your journey.
- This is a self-paced home study course that can be completed in a time frame that suits you.
- You can work through the material as fast as you like, but a maximum of 3 months is allowed to complete this programme.
- This programme has an average expected duration of 4-12 weeks, depending on the time the student has available to allocate to the course material.
- Course material is completed online via our Learner Management System, Canvas.
- Our Learner Management System can be accessed via mutliple devices : Desktop, Tablet & Mobile
- Our highly-experienced Chef Instructors will be on hand to guide you through to a successful course completion
- All assignments are assessed by our Chef Assessors
- Technical Requirements
- Kitchen Equipment
- Learn to bake a variety of basic cakes and sponges
- Discover the techniques and ingredients used for cake making and decorating
- Baking Equipment
- Ratios and Yields – how to make a cake for a different number of servings
- Nutrition in Pastries, Cakes and Yeast Goods
- Recognising faults in cakes
- Decorating using different icings
- Toppings, Fillings and Decorating techniques
- A selection of recipes for different cakes and icings to suit all occasions
Once you have successfully completed this programme you will be awarded with an International Culinary Studio Certificate of Achievement and a Digital Badge.
- Full Payment @ $ 499, or
- Monthly Payment @ $ 99 Deposit followed by 2 Monthly Payments of $ 200 per month, or
- Weekly Payment @ $ 99 Deposit followed by 4 Weekly Payments of $ 100 per week.
This investment includes:
- Personal online login to our Learner Management System, all study material, and videos.
- Online e-Portfolio
- Certificate of Achievement
- It is recommended that you should be 16 years or older to enrol in this programme. Please chat to our team about this recommendation if you are unsure.
You need to prepare for the following additional costs, depending on your programme:
- Ingredients used for practicing all recipes at home or at the workplace.
- Costs to purchase any technology and/or kitchen equipment that you may not have, but need to use in the programme. (see included lists of requirements)
- Cost of your internet access.
- Any printing you choose to do from the Study Guides.
Learner Management System App Download